Sunday 21 April 2013

Review of my favourite make-up brushes

Hey guys! This blog post is going to be a review about the brushes I use when I do my day-to-day makeup. I don't have that many, compared to most make-up obsessed people, however, my collection is growing and for now I love all the brushes I use!



I usually like to do my foundation first, before I start with the eye makeup. However, when I do a more dramatic eye I will do foundation last so I don't have any fall down. My favourite foundation at the moment is Nars - Sheerglow (Deauville). I will apply this with either the Real Techniques buffing or stippling brush. They're both just as good as each other. The shape of the stippling brush is perfect for applying foundation or blusher. It blends well into the skin giving a flawless look, and also when applying a blush it blends well with no noticeable colour line between your cheeks and rest of your face. It doesn't remove the foundation either, which some brushes can do. The buffing brush is perfect when using a liquid brush, I usually apply moisturiser before hand so they blend well.


I recently bought the Mac 239 & 217 brush - both highly rated. I now use them all the time, they're amazing! The 239 packs on so much colour giving a strong eye look. The 217 blends so nicely giving a soft edge. I love creating a smoky eye with these brushes especially as they blend out so nicely and softly. Now I've bought them I would defiantly say the price is worth it, however, they were VERY expensive and I was very hesitate about spending nearly £20 per brush.


Lastly I apply blush, bronzer and powder! I use Benefit Coralista, NARS Laguna Bronzer & Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - all amazing products that are day-to-day essentials. I love a contoured cheek and I feel I achieve this best by use Real Techniques Contour Brush. After bronzer, I will apply a little blush for some colour - I usually use the buffing brush by Real Techniques. As the summer is coming, a dewy, highlighted look is in. But I like to powder just the T-zone and where I feel I need it. I use a smaller powder brush rather than a massive one!




No comments:

Post a Comment