Monday 22 April 2013

Full review of NARS Sheerglow Foundation


After many beauty bloggers raving about this product, I finally decided to purchase it about 1 month ago. I didn't have any trouble finding my perfect colour shade as I went to my nearest Space NK store and the assistant matched me to perfection. I bought the shade Deauville. It gives me a little colour as we are heading into summer so I didn't want to gain a tan and have a pale foundation. I would say in the winter I would go a shade lighter. I apply this foundation with a Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush or Buffing Brush. My preference would be the buffing brush as I think it gives such a natural finish and really blends the product into the skin without looking too heavy.  


Left - Buffing Brush, Right - Stippling Brush (both from Real Technique by Samantha Chapman)

It gives a beautiful radiant glow, but not shiny or oily. I was very hesitate about buying this product as I have semi-oily skin so I didn't want enhance that and feel self-concious. Instead it gives me a healthy glow so I feel confident. If you set this foundation with a powder it will last all day and won't rub off etc. However......


Nars Sheer Glow - Deauville, Real Techniques Buffing Brush (orange) & Real Techniques Stippling Brush (pink)

The biggest disappointment of all - the packaging and product design! Firstly the matte black NARS packaging shows fingerprints within the first use which makes it look dirty - but its the same with most NARS products so I overlook that. However, why is there no pump?! Its extremely hard to pour out the correct amount of foundation which leads to loads of wasted product. But generally just annoying to use having to pour it out every time you use it. Despite having already paid £30.50 for the product, I thought it was a little unacceptable to charge more to purchase a pump?! - which the cap/top doesn't even fit over. Although not having a cap and the packaging looking dirty and messy, I think I would still re-purchase as it's a great foundation. 

Link to NARS website

Let me know in the comments below what you think of this foundation & whether you feel the same about the packaging! Thank you for reading. :-) Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment